Annual poll of California voters, led by researchers at the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education and the independent research group Policy Analysis for California Education (PACE), identified five top education issues:
- Overall, reducing gun violence in schools is the key issue for the most Californians.
- With strikes looming large, most Californians support teachers’ right to strike.
- Voters are more concerned about holding charter schools accountable than expanding them.
- A majority support changing the property tax law to benefit schools and local government.
- Voters are divided on the new governor’s pre-K agenda.
Article written by Laura Fay.