Bringing Common Core to California
Bringing the Common Core to California: A Discussion
- Welcome and Overview by David N. Plank, Executive Director, PACE and Scott Hill, Compliance, Programs and Policy
- An Introduction to Common Core by Keith Gayler, Program Director, Council of Chief State School Officers
- The Common Core Standards English/Language Arts by Sue Pimentel, Co-Founder, StandardsWork
- The Common Core Standards Mathematics by Hung-Hsi Wu, Professor of Mathematics Emeritus, University of California, Berkeley
Afternoon Panel Discussion. Implementing the Common Core in CA: Reflections on Standards-Based Systems in CA.
- Moderator: Sue Burr, Executive Director, California County Superintendents Educational Services Association
- Linday Murry, Superintendent-in-Residence, Education Trust—West
- Geno Flores, Deputy Superintendent, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Michael W. Kirst, Professor Emeritus of Education and Business Administration, Stanford University
The Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects can be found on the Common Core State Standards Initiative website.