Designing, Leading and Managing the Transition to the Common Core: A Strategy Guidebook for Leaders
The Common Core provides districts an opportunity to renew their focus on teaching and learning. But it also poses a number of design and implementation challenges for school districts, including how to:
- Build the capacity of teachers to equitably implement student-centered instructional strategies.
- Address gaps in curriculum in ways that foster creativity, address the local culture, scaffold achievement for diverse learners and increase motivation for teachers.
- Design formative and interim assessments that promote a new vision for 21st Century teaching and learning and target support for those that need interventions.
- Leverage technology to promote deeper and more personalized learning.
- Structure implementation activities in ways that reach every teacher, every classroom and every student.
- Engage and motivate site administrators, teachers and family and community members.