Equity at the Local Level
The rapid onset of the health and economic crisis accompanying COVID-19 has presented an array of challenges for school districts and county offices across California. To aid in both local and state decision-making, Pivot Learning and PACE have been documenting promising practices at school districts in California. In this webinar, researchers and local superintendents will highlight how two districts initially addressed students’ immediate needs and how they are approaching strategic planning for the months ahead.
The two district superintendents whose work will be featured in this webinar and in accompanying practice briefs will discuss how they planned their early response, what they will prioritize in their summer planning, and how they will begin to tackle the work that lies ahead in the 2020-21 school year. They will be joined by speakers from the county level and researchers from Pivot Learning. Join us for a discussion of what made these two districts’ early responses special and how county and state agencies can best collaborate with districts in the upcoming school year.
- Nadya Chinoy Dabby, Chief Growth Officer, Pivot Learning
- Dr. Marcy Guthrie, Superintendent, Mother Lode Union School District
- Priyanka Kaura, Senior Research Associate, Pivot Learning
- Dr. Ed Manansala, Superintendent, El Dorado County Office of Education
- Hannah Melnicoe, Senior Program Manager, Pivot Learning
- Dr. Michelle Rodriguez, Superintendent, Pajaro Valley Unified School District