PACE Webinar Series on Special Education
This webinar was the first of a three-part webinar series on special education featuring new research on the status of special education in California and paths forward for organizing schools to better support students with disabilities. This webinar covered issues related to transitions into and out of special education services for students: Early Identification, Transitions into Preschool, Transitions Into and Between Identification Categories in K-12, Post-Secondary Transitions, and Work-Based Learning for students with disabilities.
The presenters in this webinar included the following:
- Nancy Hunt, Professor Emerita, Cal State Los Angeles, and Discipline Director, Special Education, California Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities
- Connie Kasari, Professor of Psychological Studies in Education and Psychiatry, UCLA
- Lauren Lindstrom, Professor and Dean of the School of Education, UC Davis
- Carolynne Beno, Assistant Superintendent, Yolo County Office of Education
- Fred McFarlane, Professor Emeritus, San Diego State University; and Mari Guillermo, Project Coordinator, San Diego State University
The webinar was moderated by Jeannie Myung, Director of Policy Research at PACE.
Find resources from other webinars in this series:
Webinar 2: Thursday, March 5, 9-10am
Webinar 3: Tuesday, March 10, 1-2pm
Developing Systems to Support Schools to Serve Students with Disabilities: Differentiated Assistance, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support, Interagency Collaboration, and Lessons from Other States in Support of Students with Disabilities