PACE 2023 Annual Conference
Register now for PACE’s Annual Conference: 40 Years of Evidence and Impact
Date: Friday, February 3, 2023, 9:00am to 4:00pm
Location: Sacramento Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
PACE’s 2023 conference marks many important milestones: our first in-person annual conference since the start of the pandemic, the 10-year anniversary of the implementation of the Local Control Funding Formula, and the 40-year anniversary of PACE’s founding. As we mark these milestones, our public education system is facing a troubling set of challenges, including declining enrollment, staffing shortages, and polarized communities, along with devastating setbacks to student learning and well-being that have exposed long-standing systemic inequities in education and have revealed new gaps in opportunity and access. At the same time, unprecedented state and federal investments have presented an opportunity for a complete reimagining of our educational systems that places equity at the center.
At this critical juncture, we are bringing together nearly 300 California policymakers, researchers, and education leaders to take stock of our education system at this point in pandemic recovery, and present evidence-based approaches for accelerating student learning, transforming education systems, and improving equity at all levels of the system—from early childhood through higher education.
Don’t miss these highlights:
- A comprehensive review of research on the implementation and effectiveness of the Local Control Funding Formula as the policy enters its 10th year.
- Taking stock of the state of the system: What do we know about student learning and well-being, the status of the educator workforce, and progress toward system transformation at this point in pandemic recovery?
- Analysis of the recent investments in early childhood education, community schools, and strengthening pathways to college; reviewing the research base underlying these approaches; and providing insight on implementation to date.
- A deep dive on California’s English learner population, whose members have been particularly impacted by the pandemic, spotlighting newcomer students.
- A commemoration of PACE’s impact since its founding in 1983, focusing on key success stories of evidence-based policymaking over the years.
Full agenda coming soon. Register now to secure your spot at the early bird rate of $200 by entering the code PACE2023. Starting 1/1/2023, the rate increases to $250. All ticket purchases final upon checkout.